Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question i often think about.

Go down 
+5
Billy Casper
Rob of the Rovers
BarryEvans
Nelson
cambridge007
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male
Number of posts : 846
Club : Cambridge united
Registration date : 2008-10-26

A question i often think about. Empty
PostSubject: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 pm

If you could have one player back who has left your club who would it be?

For me it would be dave kitson he was an amazing player who scored alot of goals for us and was a very strong player for us. In total he scored 40 goals in 87 league games which is pretty good and i always enjoyed watching him play. Shame he had to go in the end but at least we got good money for him and he has had a good career.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Am i allowed to reply to this?
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Yer i wanted it to be to everyone but wasnt sure were to put it so everyone respond.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Chris Brunt - his crossing was amazing as were his goals

madjid Bougherra -solid defender and liked to attack aswell

Glenn Whelan - Genius
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 pm

It is so annoying though when the star players leave and sometimes you get like no money for them either, like with cambridge and robbie simpson who kept us up a couple of seasons ago he went for basically nothing was so annoying.
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male
Number of posts : 10784
Club : Doncaster Rovers

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Sorry to say it, but Mcindoe.
Back to top Go down
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Right..

Paul Green (Derby's top scorer. Instrumental last season dearly missed).

Steve Roberts (great defender, had everything, good header, decent pace, had a few injuries. Left the club for 'a longer contract' but by leaving cost his international career which he would have kept had he stayed at KMS).

Chris Brown (An excellent targetman who hasn't been replaced since we failed to sign him after his loan spell. A good goalscorer too and is certainly up to Championship standard with his form at PNE).

Adebayo Akinfenwa (good all round game, a bit thick though he left Rovers' to be closer to his family in London, a month later he signed for Torquay (wtf))

and Anthony Griffiths. (Still surprised we let him go. Great example to those coming out of our academy and our attacking minded midfield in my opinion lack a defensive midfielder like Anthony, he's doing extremely well at Port Vale and is one of their players of the season so far, despite their poor start).
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:17 pm

SpitfireCharlie wrote:
Sorry to say it, but Mcindoe.

Cough Cough Wink

Probably Michael Chopra or Brian Howard, the reason i said Howard is because i feel the club could have done more to keep him at the club for longer, which would mean a bigger club than sheff utd would come in and fork out a fortune.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Some good players have left these clubs even more annoying is when you get a player who thinks if they move to a bigger club they will alwasy get played and be sucessfull which isnt true and in a couple of years time you see them in the same league as you again. Some players need to think but normally the money rushes to there head and go to another team.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:23 pm

cambridge007 wrote:
Some good players have left these clubs even more annoying is when you get a player who thinks if they move to a bigger club they will alwasy get played and be sucessfull which isnt true and in a couple of years time you see them in the same league as you again. Some players need to think but normally the money rushes to there head and go to another team.
Glenn Whelan
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 pm

It happens alot its a shame that players dont think about there long term career instead of one season were they will get paid a bit more.

Another player for cambridge which would be nice to see at the abbey again would be dion dublin obviously an amazing player, he left for 1 million pounds so was a good offer and got good money for him. He did have a chance to come back at the start of the season but he said no which is a shame as he would of made our defense very strong.
Back to top Go down
Darlo vicki

Darlo vicki

Female
Number of posts : 1710
Club : Darlington
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 am

Marco Gabbiadini - Quality striker

Craig Liddle - Best captain the club has ever had
Back to top Go down
markcufc

markcufc

Male
Number of posts : 82
Club : Cambridge United

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:12 pm

Dave Kitson
Scott Rendell
Robbie Simpson
Dion Dublin
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Scott rendell was class i think if we had him last season we might of gone up, we needed a strong striker and we just didnt have that towards the end.
Back to top Go down
markcufc

markcufc

Male
Number of posts : 82
Club : Cambridge United

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 pm

nah we did have a very good strikeforce towards the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
JonWrexhamfc

JonWrexhamfc

Male
Number of posts : 52
Club : Wrexham Afc
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Juan Ugarte for me. His injury was bad so he decided to retire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/jonoedwards
JonWrexhamfc

JonWrexhamfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm

cambridge007 wrote:
Scott rendell was class i think if we had him last season we might of gone up, we needed a strong striker and we just didnt have that towards the end.
Course you did, Lee Mcevilly.
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:32 pm

But one striker dosnt make a side he was te only one who could score really the rest werent having a good time.
Back to top Go down
smithyksfan

smithyksfan

Male
Number of posts : 75
Club : Kingstonian Football Club
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Dave Leworthy

a great striker, played for Spurs, Pompey, and at k's scored 66 goals in 132 appearances.
Back to top Go down
JonWrexhamfc

JonWrexhamfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 pm

cambridge007 wrote:
But one striker dosnt make a side he was te only one who could score really the rest werent having a good time.
Hang on, you said you needed a strong striker. I stated yes you did, Mcevilly. So where does this one striker doesn't make a team come from? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Well yes we needed one strong striker to go with mcevilly one upfront is useless as mcevilly heads balls on fo people to run onto.
Back to top Go down
JonWrexhamfc

JonWrexhamfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Leo Fortune West, Chillingworth. They're big, strong.
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:54 pm

LOL but could any of them score? errrrr no leo was a donkey towards the end of the season and chillie is just no always injured and just patchy.
Back to top Go down
JonWrexhamfc

JonWrexhamfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 pm

cambridge007 wrote:
LOL but could any of them score? errrrr no leo was a donkey towards the end of the season and chillie is just no always injured and just patchy.
Cant you see, im answering what you're after. You said you need a strong striker. I gave you 2 options. You never mentioned anything about them scoring goals. You wanted a strong striker, i gave you 2.
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Oh my funny enough from a striker genrally it would help if they scored goals. It dosnt really need to be said it is just common sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question i often think about.   A question i often think about. Empty

Back to top Go down

A question i often think about.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next