Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your opinion on FC United

Go down 
+5
macca
BarryEvans
Billy Casper
Josh
Rob of the Rovers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

What is your opinion on FC United Empty
PostSubject: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:23 pm

The franchise team set-up by the supporters of Manchester United who were against the Glazer takeover?

Do you like teams that have this advantage and steal fans from the big clubs and don't have any history themselves. We've seen it with Wimbledon, Liverpool and the lesser-publiced Barnsley and I presume there's others.

I also noticed they are getting twice as many people at their games than anyone else, because they rent a bigger ground (if you can call them that at that level). Hardly a fair advantage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com
Josh

Male
Number of posts : 373
Club : Burton Albion
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Good side. And also have great support in a few years time i think they will be in our league.
Back to top Go down
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Fantastic support, dont know too much about the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male
Number of posts : 10784
Club : Doncaster Rovers

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Support is class, but I don't like how they have come about.
Back to top Go down
macca

macca

Male
Number of posts : 76
Club : Barrow AFC
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Supporters are amazing, there is a good video of them on Youtube of at least 500-600 of them singin "we pay for your hats" lol!
Back to top Go down
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Its posted in our video section mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
macca

macca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:03 pm

I'l have a look for it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
whitey

whitey

Male
Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:05 pm

There One Of Those Teams You Wouldnt Mind Getting In A Non League Cup .. FA Trophy.
Great Support
Back to top Go down
macca

macca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:07 pm

Holker Old Boys played them in a friendly a few seasons ago. A great turn out for Holker as a lot of fans turned up for the game
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male
Number of posts : 3339
Club : Leeds United & Ajax

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 pm

fair play to them for not stickign for that shite at old wankford, but, scums scums, in holland they'd be called kakkerlakken
Back to top Go down
macca

macca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:38 pm

How are AFC Liverpool doing? (if thats what there called)
Back to top Go down
Shaker Rob

Shaker Rob

Male
Number of posts : 170
Club : Bury
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 6:11 pm

they all still support man united is what i find weird, kinda makes it pointless

but aslong as they pay their rent on time ive no opinion on them lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bury-mad.co.uk
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male
Number of posts : 10784
Club : Doncaster Rovers

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Shaker Rob wrote:
they all still support man united is what i find weird, kinda makes it pointless

but aslong as they pay their rent on time ive no opinion on them lol

I know what you mean, i can't understand it/
Back to top Go down
Ray Von

Ray Von

Male
Number of posts : 310
Club : Torquay United
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:33 am

Rob wrote:
The franchise team set-up by the supporters of Manchester United who were against the Glazer takeover?

Do you like teams that have this advantage and steal fans from the big clubs and don't have any history themselves. We've seen it with Wimbledon, Liverpool and the lesser-publiced Barnsley and I presume there's others.

I also noticed they are getting twice as many people at their games than anyone else, because they rent a bigger ground (if you can call them that at that level). Hardly a fair advantage.

Completely against them. They set up a club because they were pissed off with a takeover, nothing more, nothing less. If it was a controversial takeover at any other club, they'd be a few moans and groans, maybe a few protests and that'd be it. With Man United, typically it was made into more of a drama by more people (due to Man United's huge fanbase) and ultimately a club was formed. It wasn't as if they we're in a situation like Wimbledon where their club was ripped out of the community just at the click of one man's fingers, and dumped 60 miles away in lego land town. Wimbledon I'm all for, and I'm glad they've rightfully got the Fa Cup back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on FC United   What is your opinion on FC United Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on FC United
Page 1 of 1