Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Beckham....

Go down 
+4
Rob of the Rovers
Billy Casper
BarryEvans
Joe_Garner_#16
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe_Garner_#16

Joe_Garner_#16

Male
Number of posts : 70
Club : Nottingham Forest
Registration date : 2008-11-11

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:43 am

A disagreement me and a friend had just now.

Who else think he is one hell of a player? Best crosser of the ball around by a country mile and most certainly deserves his place in the England squad (even though I'm half Italian and half Welsh so don't support England.) My mate reckons he is the most overrated player there is at the moment and shouldn't play for England again. In all fairness to Becks he is a awesome sportsman despite the fact he is a media whore,will most certainly do a job at Milan ( and know my Italian team isn't Milan Laughing ) and still got a few years in his legs. For England's sake I really do wish the lad luck on his 108+ caps.
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male
Number of posts : 10784
Club : Doncaster Rovers
Registration date : 2008-01-15

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 am

I think he may be good enough if he gets the games for Milan, no doubting his ability. He is a great proffesional and like you said, the best crosser of a ball.

If he was still at LA Gay I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Simple reason, its a tinpot shitty league and there is no way he can be at his best when he aint playing at his best, which he nor anyone else could do at that shitty level.

Going to Milan is great for him though, will get him 100% match fit and ready to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_Garner_#16

Joe_Garner_#16

Male
Number of posts : 70
Club : Nottingham Forest
Registration date : 2008-11-11

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 am

BarryEvans wrote:
I think he may be good enough if he gets the games for Milan, no doubting his ability. He is a great proffesional and like you said, the best crosser of a ball.

If he was still at LA Gay I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Simple reason, its a tinpot shitty league and there is no way he can be at his best when he aint playing at his best, which he nor anyone else could do at that shitty level.

Going to Milan is great for him though, will get him 100% match fit and ready to go Very Happy

affraid Nowt wrong with the MLS mate Razz
Back to top Go down
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 am

Forest_Till_I_Die! wrote:
BarryEvans wrote:

When your talking the quality of David Beckham, one of Englands greatest ever players, its fucking tosh pal lol. Its ok if your a welsh international, simply because the welsh have no decent players (Bar Giggs, and have the odd youngster weho will be average pre players at the best) so they would be playing against players at there own level.

I think Beckham still has alot to give to england, i mean look at our current wingers, Lennon, Wright-Phillips, Downing and Bentley. There is only Bentley out of all of those players who could really put a decent ball in but compared to Beckham he isnt worth talking about. I think if he isnt in the team, give him a coaching role because he has a feeling about him, i duuno what it is though but lets call it his overall presence.

I would like to see him moving back to England and giving it one last go. Maybe at someone like Newcastle or even Manchester city. It would do his footballing career the world of good. Although the deal he's on at LA, its going to be hard to get posh out of those V.I.P Boutiques.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:56 am

BarryEvans wrote:

There is plenty wrong with it, it is fucking shite, the quality of football appalls me, I have seen better in the Conference.

Yank bastards.
Back to top Go down
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:42 am

BarryEvans wrote:
BarryEvans wrote:

There is plenty wrong with it, it is fucking shite, the quality of football appalls me, I have seen better in the Conference.

Yank bastards.

The two players we've sent to the US in recent years are Mark Wilson and Jon Maloney, both failed in the Conference (although in my opinion Maloney wasn't really given a chance). So I understand your point.

One of the best players in that league is Juan Paublo Angel who also failed in England, when Villa were a side near the bottom of the Premiership. One hell of a player on his day (like Beckham) but if a English side were to sign him it would be a Championship team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com
Josh

Male
Number of posts : 373
Club : Burton Albion
Registration date : 2008-12-18

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Great player and i think he will do well at AC Milan. Good crosser and a good goal scorer i reckon he should play more for England. If i was a manager i would play him every game Smile
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male
Number of posts : 3339
Club : Leeds United & Ajax

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:51 pm

he can pass a ball, but its useless having someone on the wing who doesn't have the pace to get down and back up the line
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male
Number of posts : 846
Club : Cambridge united
Registration date : 2008-10-26

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:06 pm

I think he is a great player and even though he doesnt play in a very good league should still be playing for Enngland all the time. He crossing is just amazing better then most peoples in the world and his set pieces give england so many goals.
Back to top Go down
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Meefloaf wrote:
he can pass a ball, but its useless having someone on the wing who doesn't have the pace to get down and back up the line

Agree. If you look at every attribute a winger can have he failes to Lennon, SWP, Bentley, Walcott and Young.
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Rob wrote:
Meefloaf wrote:

Agree. If you look at every attribute a winger can have he failes to Lennon, SWP, Bentley, Walcott and Young.

Can't argue with that.

He needs games in a proper league to show his worth.

Not some tinpot yank shit.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 pm

He could do a job in the prem still somewere like villa or everton
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 pm

I would like to see him at Man City.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Wouldn't imagine him there tbh
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:03 pm

TommySwfc wrote:
Wouldn't imagine him there tbh

Benjani and Jo would have an erection with the crosses he could provide them with.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Jo cant score in a fucking brothel
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:17 pm

TommySwfc wrote:

He could with Beckham laying him on I reckon. Cool
Back to top Go down
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 pm

BarryEvans wrote:
TommySwfc wrote:

Then what would happen to Shaun Wright-Phillips? The form of Robinho was partly down to him.
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Rob wrote:
BarryEvans wrote:
TommySwfc wrote:

Then what would happen to Shaun Wright-Phillips? The form of Robinho was partly down to him.

Fuck knows, I am only thinking of Beckham and what he could provide Citys strikeforce with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

David Beckham.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Beckham....   David Beckham.... Empty

Back to top Go down

David Beckham....
Page 1 of 1