Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you were Fabio Capello..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

If you were Fabio Capello.. Empty
PostSubject: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:14 pm

What would your first choice England XI be? (Presume everyone's on form and getting regular games)

For me (4-4-2):
Foster - Lacks first team football atm, but I think he is our best 'keeper when on form.

Richards - We know his potential, and for me is better than Neville.

Ashley Cole - One of the best left back's in the world. People don't like his ego but is their anyone better? Not at the moment although what has Wayne Bridge learnt from Jose, Grant and Scolari - and can he get that out of him at Manchester City? If he can then the left back position could become one of the hard decisions to make instead of the easiest.

Terry - Natural leader, one of the top three best defenders in the Premiership.

Ferdinand - See Terry.

Walcott - Undroppable. Currently making the left wing position his own. You need to be a talent to occupy this spot with the strength in depth England have on the right wing - he is that talent and he's proving his worth.

Gerrard - Mr Liverpool. One of the best midfielder's in the world on his day. Not been his week for obvious reasons but does anyone dare drop him.

Barry - Wow. What a difference this lad has make the last couple of years and one of the best things to come out of the McClaren era. Hargreaves was our best player at the world cup but I now think Barry is the best defensive midfielder we own.

Joe Cole - Ferdinand and Lampard are two names you think of when remembering the West Ham team that was 'too good to go down' and recently particularly Cole's the quietest of the three. Stuck on his what used to be his weaker foot on the left hand side he's matured and I don't think with the lack of quality we've had in that position over the years we wouldn't even now be able to replace him.

Rooney - Very good player. I don't like him but he's extremely talented. Helps the midfield and yet seems to help the other striker at the same time.

Owen - Had his injuries but this man did enough to warrant a move to Real Madrid the other year, that to me proves his talent. Yes his most famous footballing moment is scoring in a world cup ten and a half years ago (that makes me feel old) but he's scored in a cup final amoungst other things. On form he's one of the most likely Premier League strikers to get a goal. Whatever kind of striker you need Michael is often your man.

Now who would you pick and do you agree with my selection?
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com
Fluke

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
Scholes8Gerrard0

Male
Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Johnson instead of Richards, give Green a chance in goal, Lampard instead of Gerrard, Carrick instead of Barry, J.Cole on the right, A.Young on the left, Owen and Rooney up top.
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Carrick what a joke
Back to top Go down
Scholes8Gerrard0

Male

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 am

Is this the same joke that happens to be first choice for the Champions of England, and Europe...?
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 1:02 am

That would be the very one , gerrard lampard barry all better
Back to top Go down
smithyksfan

smithyksfan

Male
Number of posts : 75
Club : Kingstonian Football Club
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:19 am

God knows on a keeper, maybe David James if were desperate.
Glen Johnson
John Terry
Matthew Upson
Wayne Bridge(once he gets football at city)
Shaun Wright Phillips
Ashley Young
Frank Lampard
Jermaine Jenas
Michael Owen
Andrew Johnson
Back to top Go down
Scholes8Gerrard0

Male

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:19 am

Lampard and Gerrard, yeh, but there's the small matter of finding the right system and fielding a midfield with chemistry amongst it. Lampard and Carrick would provide that, with Carrick sitting back, distributing well and breaking up play, allowing Lampard more freedom and licence to attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were Fabio Capello..   If you were Fabio Capello.. Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were Fabio Capello..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Four-Four-Two.co.uk :: World Leagues and International Tournaments :: International Football-
Jump to: