Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New boss for fa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-15

New boss for fa Empty
PostSubject: New boss for fa   New boss for fa EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:43 pm

The Football Association has confirmed Ian Watmore as their new chief executive, succeeding Brian Barwick.

Watmore will not join the FA until June when he leaves his post as Permanent Secretary for the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills.

A lifelong Arsenal fan, Watmore, 50, has 24 years' experience in the IT industry prior to his recent background in Government.

Watmore is a board member of the English Institute of Sport.

"I am delighted to be joining The Football Association as chief executive," he said. "It is a great challenge and one I am really looking forward to.

"With [chairman] Lord Triesman and the [FA] Board, Fabio Capello and the FA's staff, I want to ensure we are achieving success on and off the pitch across all levels of the game."

A three-man shortlist of candidates were interviewed for the post.
Back to top Go down
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

New boss for fa Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss for fa   New boss for fa EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 pm

I hope he's good. Can't seeing having much to do with Lord Triesman at the helm though compared to what Barwick did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com

New boss for fa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Four-Four-Two.co.uk :: World Leagues and International Tournaments :: International Football-
Jump to: