Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver wants to play for scotland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Driver wants to play for scotland Empty
PostSubject: Driver wants to play for scotland   Driver wants to play for scotland EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Hearts winger Andrew Driver has revealed he would like to play for the Scotland national team.

The Scottish Football Association is currently seeking to alter the eligibility criteria for international selection, and Driver could benefit.

The Oldham-born player told the Hearts website: "I've always said I'd like to play for Scotland.

"I want to play international football and the best chance for me, no disrespect, is Scotland."

Driver, who has been the subject of interest from Burnley and Coventry this season, has been with Hearts since 2003 and scored on his debut after progressing from the youth setup in 2006.

The 21-year-old featured for Scotland schoolboys, but is not eligible for the national side.

"Do Scotland actually want people like me to play for them?" asked Driver, who has netted five goals this season.

"Even some of my friends, while being positive, are still a bit sceptical about it.

"There would be a lot to think about if the chance ever came along. I'd have to speak to people about it and it would depend if it was the best idea, not for me as I would definitely do it, but as a whole.

"I have been here since I was 11. All my friends are Scottish, my girlfriend is Scottish, Scotland has shaped me as a person so it's something I'd obviously want to do."
Back to top Go down

Driver wants to play for scotland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Four-Four-Two.co.uk :: World Leagues and International Tournaments :: International Football-
Jump to: