Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pearce signs new England contract

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Pearce signs new England contract Empty
PostSubject: Pearce signs new England contract   Pearce signs new England contract EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

England Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce has signed a new two-year contract.

The 47-year-old, who took over in 2007, revealed news of the deal after his side lost Monday's European Under-21 Championship final to Germany 4-0.

"Just before the semi-final I signed a two-year deal. I enjoy where I work, my employees and the players I work with. Why would you walk away?" said Pearce.

"Losing chews me up but it spurs me on to be a better coach and manager. It's as simple as that," he added in Malmo.

"I don't subscribe to boom and bust. If we won I wasn't going to be the best coach in the world.

"From this squad 50% will go on for the next campaign. For those who have finished, they have served the Under-21s fantastically well.

"I've just asked of them the honour of meeting me at the hotel. I have to speak to them as a group and tell them how well they have conducted themselves over a two-year period.

"I will speak with the players that will finish and thank them. Then I will speak to the younger players and tell them what the expectations are."

Pearce, who took over from Peter Taylor, is also a member of England manager Fabio Capello's backroom staff.

Prior to working as England Under-21 coach he was Manchester City's manager for two years before he was sacked in May 2007.

BBC Sport
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com

Pearce signs new England contract
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Four-Four-Two.co.uk :: World Leagues and International Tournaments :: International Football-
Jump to: