Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pellegrini appointed Real Madrid coach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Pellegrini appointed Real Madrid coach Empty
PostSubject: Pellegrini appointed Real Madrid coach   Pellegrini appointed Real Madrid coach EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Real Madrid have confirmed that Manuel Pellegrini will be their new coach for the 2009/10 campaign.

The Chilean is set to be officially unveiled at Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday.

Pellegrini has spent the last five years in charge of Real's Primera Liga rivals Villarreal.

The Yellow Submarines had revealed on Monday that they had reached an agreement with Real for their coach to take on a new challenge in the capital.

Recently-appointed Los Blancos president Florention Perez had made acquiring Pellegrini one of his main priorities upon returning to the club for a second spell.

He has now got his man, with Juande Ramos, who took charge of Real on a short-term basis last season, stepping aside.

"Real Madrid and Manuel Pellegrini have reached a deal for the Chilean coach to be the first-team head coach during the forthcoming season," read a statement on the club's official website.

Sky Sports

I'm just greatful they didn't opt with Juande Ramos.

Perez is willing to splash the cash, just like he did before in the Galaticos era. I'm not sure Pellegrini can cut the mustard though. He doesn't have a history of coach big names to success.

I think Aragones would have been a better choice recently sacked by Fenabache, he lead Spain to Euro2008 glory last summer. I'm also quite dissapointed because Jose was favourite, but we his Barcelona links, despite being desputably the best manager in the world he may have turned it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com

Pellegrini appointed Real Madrid coach
Page 1 of 1