Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will win the Premier League?

Go down 
4 posters

Manchester United
Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_lcap67%Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Chelsea
Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_lcap33%Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Liverpool
Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_lcap0%Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Arsenal
Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_lcap0%Who will win the Premier League? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Manchester City
 0% [ 0 ]
Everton
 0% [ 0 ]
Aston Villa
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rob of the Rovers

Rob of the Rovers

Male
Number of posts : 1099
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Who will win the Premier League? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:06 pm

This year provides what could well be the most open Premier League title race in years.

Manchester United are the holders and the favourites. But after losing Christiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid, they look slightly more vunerable. Can they hold on?

Chelsea have a new manager at the helm in Carlo Ancellotti. Abramovich wants his crown back and with the Community Shield already in this season's trophy cabinate they look a good bet. But can the former Milan coach repeat Jose Mourinho's league triumph or will he follow in the footsteps of Grant and Scolari and have a short, trophyless reign?

Liverpool have also lost a key player in Xabi Alonso, however unlike United they have replaced him, in someone who I believe to be better than the man he's replacing. Obviously only time will tell if that is the case, but Liverpool had a great season last year and with Fernando Torres fit again will be looking to build potentially topping Sir Alex's devils.

Arsenal have had another quiet summer, bar their exits of key men Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor. Obviously Arsene's 'kids' are another year older and wiser so are they ready to mount their first serious title challenge since 2001.

Manchester City are also in the news. They probably have the best players of these five but can they quickly mould together and not only break the top four, but perhaps bring the league crown to the other side of Manchester.

Everton came 5th last year with no strikers for the most part, Aston Villa can beat the best on their day but just didn't hold on, or is there someone else you fancy for the championship?
Back to top Go down
http://www.offsideref.com
NicNac
Admin
Admin
NicNac

Female
Number of posts : 1601
Club : Sheffield Wednesday
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Man U for me.

Can't see past them atm...
Back to top Go down
RobBFC
RobBFC

Male
Number of posts : 4710
Club : Barnsley

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:42 pm

I'll make my prediction half-way through the season.

Man United have changed their style of play after Ronaldo has gone, it's whether it will be as efficient as the previous one was.

Liverpool have made good profit in selling Alonso, but they made a poor sale of Arbeloa of just £3.5mil. Glen Johnson is a decent signing and will develop.

Chelsea's squad hasn't changed, and are still looking confident. Ancelotti has signed a good player in Zhirkov, and if he can develop Daniel Sturridge, the Blues will have a gem for the future.

Arsenal have made a mistake in selling Adebayor and Toure to Man City, because selling your best players to rival clubs isn't a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 pm

I think its between Liverpool & Chelsea this season, i just cant see United being able to make up the 75 goals that they have lost through Carlos Tevez and Ronaldo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:29 am

So far my money is still on Chelsea, they look very confident and United look very poor since the departure of Ronaldo, well i suppose poor is a bad way to put it but the attractive and fast flowing football they once played has gone in my opinion. Although, got to give it to Giggsy, what a guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Premier League?   Who will win the Premier League? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1