Four-Four-Two.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-Four-Two.co.uk

Discussion Forum For Football Fans Around The World!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maradona to become Argentina coach

Go down 
+6
BarryEvans
Darlo vicki
Nelson
smithyksfan
cambridge007
Meefloaf
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male
Number of posts : 3339
Club : Leeds United & Ajax
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Maradona to become Argentina coach Empty
PostSubject: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 am

that be the news coming out of argentina
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male
Number of posts : 846
Club : Cambridge united
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 am

Has it been confirmed on any websites?
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:14 am

not yet, but it must be close to being announced
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:20 am

from the bbc site

Quote :
Argentina legend Diego Maradona could be set for a sensational return to football after claiming he has been offered the role of national coach.

The 1986 World Cup-winning skipper held talks with the Argentina Football Association (AFA) on Tuesday and is set to continue discussions on Wednesday.

The 47-year-old said: "The offer attracted me a lot. As soon as it is confirmed I will start working."

Maradona has had only two brief spells as a coach in Argentina.

If Maradona does take over he will succeed Alfio Basile, who resigned earlier this month after a World Cup qualifying defeat to Chile.

He was quoted as saying: "The idea is to start working immediately after the official announcement with the players who are in Argentina and then take the first plane to talk to the ones in Europe."

BBC Sport's South American football reporter Tim Vickery said: "This is all coming from Maradona.

"There is no official word from the AFA yet so it's still early days. But the tide seems to be blowing in his direction.

"He's a religious icon over in Argentina and is a very dangerous force to leave out."

Widely regarded as one of the best players in the history of the sport, Maradona is an iconic figure in Argentina after a remarkable 21-year playing career in which he hit new heights of brilliance on the field and plumbed depths of despair away from the action.

After making his professional debut as a 16-year-old for Argentinos Juniors, he went on to play for his beloved Boca Juniors before spells in Europe with Barcelona, Napoli and Sevilla.

Maradona's unique skills with the ball at his feet made him a superstar, and he is idolised by Napoli fans for almost single-handedly winning the Serie A title and the Uefa Cup for the unfashionable club.

But his most memorable achievements came with the national side - the 1986 World Cup tournament becoming synonymous with his name.

Maradona captained Argentina to a famous triumph, playing every minute of the tournament and scoring five goals, including two against England in the quarter-final which will live forever in football folklore.

His first goal of the 2-1 win came courtesy of an outrageous handball which he later described as "the hand of God"; but the second is said by many to be the best goal ever scored as he danced past five England players before poking the ball past Peter Shilton.

But Maradona's life away from football has been anything but straightforward, with a long-running addiction to cocaine undermining his genius.

The second failed drugs of his career saw him sent home from the 1994 World Cup in disgrace, and since retiring at the age of 37, Maradona has suffered numerous health problems.

Battles with his drug addiction, alcoholism and obesity saw him suffer a heart attack in 2004 which put him in intensive care, while a later stomach-stapling operation saw him lose 30kg (66 lbs) of excess weight.

Maradona is a virtual novice in coaching terms, with just short spells with Argentine clubs Deportivo Mandiyu and Racing Club in the 1990s on his CV.

But with his health largely restored, Maradona now looks set to take the reins as coach of the national team.

Carlos Bilardo, who coached the winning side in 1986, was involved in the talks with AFA president Julio Grondona and is likely to be part of Maradona's coaching set-up.

Pedro Troglio, who coaches Paraguayan club Cerro Porteno, has also been linked with a role.

Noray Nakis, the president of the AFA selection commission, has already stated his wish, saying: "I'd like Maradona to be the next coach."

Maradona was thought to be on a shortlist with former Boca Juniors coach Carlos Bianchi, San Lorenzo coach Miguel Angel Russo and Sergio Batista, who took the Under-23 squad to Olympic gold in Beijing in August.
Back to top Go down
cambridge007

cambridge007

Male
Number of posts : 846
Club : Cambridge united

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:23 am

I dont think thats a good decision he dosnt have much experience of being a manager so is a big risk for argentina.
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 am

yeah, but if anyone is going to get argentina going it'd be maradona, its dodgy to say it, but he is a god over there, so im guessing the players and fans will be giving their bodies for the win
Back to top Go down
smithyksfan

smithyksfan

Male
Number of posts : 75
Club : Kingstonian Football Club
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm

When they score will he punch the air?
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male
Number of posts : 8872
Club : La Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Fat cokesnorting cheating cunt
Back to top Go down
Darlo vicki

Darlo vicki

Female
Number of posts : 1710
Club : Darlington
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:10 pm

what he said ^
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male
Number of posts : 10784
Club : Doncaster Rovers

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:50 pm

I hope he dies.
Back to top Go down
markcufc

markcufc

Male
Number of posts : 82
Club : Cambridge United

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 pm

You are only 22 so you did not know anything about him really so why do you want him to die?
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Because he robbed us from the world cup?
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm

markcufc wrote:
You are only 22 so you did not know anything about him really so why do you want him to die?

I know plenty about him.

He robbed us of the World Cup.

Scumbag bastard.
Back to top Go down
bhudda

bhudda

Male
Number of posts : 1386
Club : DONCASTER ROVERS
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:07 pm

after all he`s done to digrace the name of the game the daft cunts give him a job and pay him wages fukin mental
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 pm

what a bunch of bitter twats, tommy and darlo vicky wernt even alive when he punched that ball into the net. Maradona is the greatest player to ever walk this earth, who cares what went on in his private life, when he walked out on to that football pitch he did things no other cunt can do. seriously, grow the fuck up and get over it, i also do remember you wantign george best up on that banner, this is a man who got put to the top of liver transplant lists TWICE and continued to drink and destroyed them, so dont come to me and give me the high and mighty about maradona snorting coacaine
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Oh here goes meefloaf who knows evrything about football
Back to top Go down
RobBFC
RobBFC

Male
Number of posts : 4710
Club : Barnsley

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 pm

I think it might be a good appointment for the Argies, Maradona is their Messiah, so why not have a go?
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Meefloaf wrote:
what a bunch of bitter twats, tommy and darlo vicky wernt even alive when he punched that ball into the net. Maradona is the greatest player to ever walk this earth, who cares what went on in his private life, when he walked out on to that football pitch he did things no other cunt can do. seriously, grow the fuck up and get over it, i also do remember you wantign george best up on that banner, this is a man who got put to the top of liver transplant lists TWICE and continued to drink and destroyed them, so dont come to me and give me the high and mighty about maradona snorting coacaine

I don't care about coke snorting, but I do despise him for cheating.

As I am sure you would if someone did it against Leeds.
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:56 am

SpitfireCharlie wrote:

yeah but i care more about leeds than i do my national side (holland or england). He hit the ball with his hand, true, but what did he do later in the match eh?
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 am

TommySwfc wrote:
Oh here goes meefloaf who knows evrything about football
see you say stuff like this because you just don't have a leg to stand on, this isnt about knowing x amount about football, its about people talking bollocks and having some pathetic self validated reasons for disliking the greatest player to ever walk a pitch.

oh and "here's comes tommy, the only lad i've ever known with a whole beach up his vagina"
Back to top Go down
BarryEvans
Admin
Admin
BarryEvans

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:53 am

Meefloaf wrote:
SpitfireCharlie wrote:

yeah but i care more about leeds than i do my national side (holland or england). He hit the ball with his hand, true, but what did he do later in the match eh?

Its what was and is cheers

I will always hate him, and Argies for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Billy Casper

Billy Casper

Male
Number of posts : 5869
Club : Barnsley Football Club

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 2:43 am

SpitfireCharlie wrote:
Meefloaf wrote:
SpitfireCharlie wrote:

Its what was and is cheers

I will always hate him, and Argies for that matter.

I fucking hate Tevez and Mascherano <_< does that count?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hihosuperbarnsley.bebo.com
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 am

i love tevez wonder why>
Back to top Go down
Meefloaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Meefloaf

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:10 am

cos he gave us all a massive hard on
Back to top Go down
Nelson

Nelson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:13 am

no because he sent united down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maradona to become Argentina coach   Maradona to become Argentina coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Maradona to become Argentina coach
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next